also see:

Friday, June 5, 2015

so I saw these a lot of signs along the roads in Hollywood advertising the UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE ... which I had never been to...so I looked it up and saw that it was only $5 dollars ...looked kind of interesting...so I attended one of the shows...they improvise and then another group tries to duplicate the original improvisation. It began with somebody throwing a word to them out of the audience...somebody said "Skittles"...and it went from there. I was trying to be optimistic that this would be a funny, not too crude , thespian event to relax with for an hour or so. However, quite soon I heard the first f-bomb, and then shortly after that began the gay innuendo. Actually, not innuendo, but just plain gay talk using the f-bomb. I'm a Christian and have been around L.A. & Hollywood long enough to expect this...actually to be surprised if it doesn't happen. So there were no surprises, but still I didn't want the propaganda to go into my head, yet I didn't want to leave either. I sometimes just sit and pray silently in such cases where my values and moral code is being assaulted. And so I stuck both of my earbuds in my ears and turned up my transistor radio and didn't hear much more for a while except for my music on the radio. Every now & then I checked back in and they were doing something new, but inevitably they would come back to the F-bomb and more gay talk (or incest talk in one case). This is the type of place that LOVES to assault traditional Christian values. I think I even caught the eye of one of the "actors" and he gave me a look as if to say "WHat's the Christian guy doing here?" ha ha. Christian guy can go and do whatever he wants, mr wannabe actor. So apparently this place has the budget to put up signs, but be prepared if you go as a person with traditional values...you will be insulted and verbally assaulted.